/Data Analytics for Everyone: Statistical Data Analysis for Machine Learning
This one day course will help you develop basic knowledge to perform statistical analysis and interpret your work to data informed decision making.
This session will cover understanding the fundamentals of statistics including:
- Working with different types of data sets
- Plotting types of data
- Measuring of mean, median and standard deviation
- Summarising numeric and categorical data
- Quantifying differences and associations between groups of data
- Estimating confidence intervals
- Hypothesis testing and p-values
- An introduction to regression
DA-x (Data Analytics for Everyone) consists of a series of short courses and clinics, designed by the Institute of Coding (IoC) and University of Sunderland, to help upskill anyone in business who want to get to grips with understanding and visualising data to inform decision making and drive greater efficiency or productivity within their business.
Courses are designed for anyone who works in areas such as administration, marketing, HR, finance or those in business who want to gain the practical skills that can help make better use of their data.