/Skills Bootcamp in Data Science - 24 October 2022 (Applications closed)
Provided by: University of Gloucestershire
Course Area: South West
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 24/10/2022
End date: 31/03/2023
Course length: 16 weeks
Subjects: Artificial intelligence, Cloud computing, Cyber analytics, Cyber security, Data analytics, Data science, DevNet, DevOps, Software development
Who is this course for
Training will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams over the course of 16 weeks.
All course materials will be provided to learners through the University of Gloucestershire’s virtual learning environment (Moodle), which is available 24-hours a day. This will include lecture notes, recordings of lectures, access to digital background reading, tutorials, exercises, quizzes etc.
- Be aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data and supplementary information on their employment outcomes for up to 8 months following completion of the Skills Bootcamp
- Be looking for a new role, new opportunities or increased responsibility/promotion to a different role which utilises the skills acquired through their Skills Bootcamp
- employed/self-employed, or
- career changers/returners/redeployed, or
- unemployed within the last 12 months
Employers will be able to send existing employees who meet the Skills Bootcamp eligibility requirements on this training at an impressive 70% discount. Interested employers should contact the individual Skills Bootcamp provider.
What will I learn
Typical modules include:
Maths for Data Science
- The module aims to introduce basic topics in data analysis, probability, statistics and hypothesis testing.
- This module will provide students with a range of processes and techniques to address data science and its theoretical foundation.
- This module introduces Artificial Intelligence (AI) topics (computation models, algorithms and techniques) with a focus on designing and building AI systems.
- The students will learn the core concepts of designing and enabling AI using a variety of methods including neural networks and genetic programming.
- Students will undertake the practical design and implementation of artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms using a variety of current languages and architectures including Java and Python.
Network Design & Configuration
- This module aims to provide an understanding of the principles of networking, network design and network architecture and infrastructures.
- A number of core networking topics will be delivered. They include networking principles, network architecture and design, network standards, configuration of network devices, routers and switches. Network troubleshooting, maintenance, support and the provision of network redundancy, fault tolerance and load balancing will also be included.