/Skills Bootcamp in Software Engineering - 24 October 2022 (Applications closed)
Provided by: University of Gloucestershire
Course Area: South West
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 24/10/2022
End date: 31/03/2023
Course length: 16 weeks
Subjects: Artificial intelligence, Cloud computing, Cyber analytics, Cyber security, Data analytics, Data science, DevNet, DevOps, Machine learning, Software development, Software Engineering
Who is this course for
Training will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams over the course of 16 weeks.
All course materials will be provided to learners through the University of Gloucestershire’s virtual learning environment (Moodle), which is available 24-hours a day. This will include lecture notes, recordings of lectures, access to digital background reading, tutorials, exercises, quizzes etc.
- Be aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data and supplementary information on their employment outcomes for up to 8 months following completion of the Skills Bootcamp
- Be looking for a new role, new opportunities or increased responsibility/promotion to a different role which utilises the skills acquired through their Skills Bootcamp
- employed/self-employed, or
- career changers/returners/redeployed, or
- unemployed within the last 12 months
Employers will be able to send existing employees who meet the Skills Bootcamp eligibility requirements on this training at an impressive 70% discount. Interested employers should contact the individual Skills Bootcamp provider.
What will I learn
Typical modules include:
- This module introduces software engineering principles and practices necessary to developing quality software-intensive systems for business use.
- Students will be introduced to working in teams to identify business requirements and turn these into practical, workable solutions.
Object-Oriented Programming & Software Design
- This module aims to give students an understanding of the object-oriented programming paradigm in the context of developing software that is well specified, designed and tested.
- Students will be exposed to a variety of notations at different stages of the development process.
Algorithms & Data Structure
- Ability to critically compare and analyse algorithms.
- Ability to design and construct algorithms.
- Ability to apply problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to design a software system.