/Skills Bootcamp in Data Science and Cloud Systems - August 2022
Provided by: Birmingham City University
Course Area: West Midlands, All areas
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 22/08/2022
End date: 12/12/2022
Course length: 16
Subjects: Cloud computing, Cloud engineering, Data analytics, Data engineering, Data science, Machine learning, Software development, Software Engineering, Visualisation
Who is this course for
We specialise in upskilling learners from a range of backgrounds at BCU. This course is aimed at those who do not have a strong background in computing, but who aren’t afraid of learning new technical skills. Most importantly we want you to be excited about working with data and AI and eager to join this evolving field. If you have a computing background then you’re absolutely welcome, we’ll be pushing you in different ways.
Essential learner requirements:
- GCSE English language and mathematics at grade C/4 or above>
- Equivalent level 2 or above qualifications can be accepted.
- Must have been achieved at the point of enrolment
- Be aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data and supplementary information on their employment outcomes for up to 8 months following completion of the Skills Bootcamp
- Be looking for a new role, new opportunities or increased responsibility/promotion to a different role which utilises the skills acquired through their Skills Bootcamp
- employed/self-employed, or
- career changers/returners/redeployed, or
- unemployed within the last 12 months
Employers will be able to send existing employees who meet the Skills Bootcamp eligibility requirements on this training at an impressive 70% discount. Interested employers should contact the individual Skills Bootcamp provider.
What will I learn
You will learn a range of data skills during this course which you will be able to replicate in industry on various related projects. The skills include:
- Ability to manage, store, manipulate and clean datasets for analytics projects.
- Ability to implement data science principles to analyse and report findings for simple datasets.
- Ability to implement AI models to create a conversational AI system in Microsoft Azure .
- Ability to implement an image recognition AI system in Microsoft Azure.
Every week will include an individual or group project, motivated by industry, which targets a core data or AI area. This will end with a group or individual presentation at the end of the week to demonstrate work, discuss findings and to build up the learner’s portfolio to support employability.Visit this course