/Skills Bootcamp in Data Analytics and Visualisation: from Advanced Excel to Power BI - November
Provided by: Teesside University
Course Area: North East
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 02/11/2021
End date: 03/03/2022
Subjects: Artificial intelligence, Business Intelligence, Data analytics, Machine learning, Visualisation
Who is this course for
Our 16-week programme is suitable for anybody wanting to:
- upskill in their current job and understand how they could apply data analytics, business intelligence and data visualisations to their business
- upskill those who are not working with large amounts of data, but who want to gain a deeper understanding of data analytics, including machine learning and artificial intelligence for a future role in this area
- upskill their existing knowledge for a careers’ change or to gain employment
Within the online delivery model, 4 hours are timetabled, with recording to review later, but much of the additional skills development is self-directed in your own time. Our employability sessions will run throughout the programme tailored to your individual needs.
This Skills Bootcamp is ideal for those working with large amounts of data in their current job and looking to apply data analytics, business intelligence and data visualisations to their business. It is also perfect for those not working with large amounts of data but who want to move into this area for a new role, career move or to gain employment.
- Be aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data and supplementary information on their employment outcomes for up to 8 months following completion of the Skills Bootcamp
- Be looking for a new role, new opportunities or increased responsibility/promotion to a different role which utilises the skills acquired through their Skills Bootcamp
- employed/self-employed, or
- career changers/returners/redeployed, or
- unemployed within the last 12 months
Employers will be able to send existing employees who meet the Skills Bootcamp eligibility requirements on this training at an impressive 70% discount. Interested employers should contact the individual Skills Bootcamp provider.
What will I learn
This Skills Bootcamp will allow the learner to develop skills in data analytics, reporting and visualisation looking at a range of different solutions from advanced excel to Power BI.
Several data-analytics and visualisation tools are available on the market and this course will equip learners with the skills to correctly use them so that they can contribute to improving business performance. The Bootcamp will also touch on how to use Machine Learning and AI applications to generate data insights and business forecast.
The Bootcamp will be split into 2 parts:
1) Advanced Excel: Forms, Pivot tables, Macros, and Formulae
2) Data Analytics and Data Visualisation using Power BI: Data Modelling, Data representation, and Dashboard design
Industry case studies, industry keynote speakers and focussed portfolio work will provide inspiration, context and opportunity to put the theory into practise.
In addition, a bespoke employability programme will equip you with essential software skills for securing a job or new role, where required.
Throughout the 16-week programme, learners will be expected to commit to 4 hours online contact time plus additional self-directed study in their own time. You will develop a portfolio of work to demonstrate your understanding which will go towards your final assessment.Visit this course
Creating pathways to employment
How has the Skills Bootcamp been designed/created with employer input?
Teesside University worked with a focus group of industry partners to provide input on the curriculum, case studies, weekly portfolio tasks, recommended key-note speakers and assessment. A focus group of industry partners met online to design the content, providing feedback for the final programme.
How are employers involved in the delivery of this Skills Bootcamp?
This Skills Bootcamp will be delivered by specialist academics from Teesside University. Industry will provide specialist lectures on key topics, case studies and key-note lectures.
What are the routes to employment following successful completion?
Throughout the 16-week programme, each learner will take part in a bespoke employability programme preparing you for interviews and recruitment events with our industry partners. In addition, Teesside University have formal employer pledges from our industry partners to interview for employment and networking.