/The Accessible Curriculum, an Institute of Coding Forum
The new Public sector Bodies Accessibility Regulations 2018 on Websites and Mobile Applications comes into force this month, meaning all publicly funded digital platforms require a statement of accessibility.
- Is education ready for this?
- Is the tech talent we are producing skilled up to meet these requirements?
This forum will explore inclusive education and the ‘Accessible Curriculum’ in relation to visible and non-visible disabilities, from two perspectives:
1. Is higher education accessible?
2. Are students learning to develop accessible digital products?
The forum brings educators and employers together to generate advice and case studies.
We aim to both share expert knowledge and inspire and support those who are new to this field, and want to improve the accessibility of their offer.
The day will be full of opportunities to share your own experiences and learn new perspectives on how accessibility can be integrated into the workplace and education.
People should leave the event with more and shared knowledge about the different practice of accessibility and understand the identification of required actions.
Please note that this event is only open to:
- Teachers, lecturers & education professionals
- Learning technologists
- Disability service managers
- Designers and developers of educational products and services (private & public sector)