/Preparing to Learn Online at University
Provided by: University of Leeds
Course Area: All areas
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 20200928
Subjects: Digital Education, Physical Computing, Web Applications
Delivery Method: Online
Learning online is very different from learning in an on-campus classroom and often involves independent study.
On this course, you will explore and learn about various different approaches to online learning.
You’ll develop practical skills that will enable you to become an effective online learner at a university level.
You’ll discover methods for collaborating and communicating online effectively and learn the best practice for conducting online research.
By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered the independent study skills and tools for online learning that work for you.
Who is this course for
This course is designed for undergraduate and postgraduate university students who need advice and tips on how to take their university studies online.
What will I learn
In this course you will:
- Develop effective online learning strategies that work for you.
- Contribute meaningfully to online learning discussions.
- Explore tools and approaches to find, evaluate and use online information to inform and develop your own opinion.
- Produce useful and reflective notes to support your study.
- Develop the skills to lead productive collaborative work online.