/MedTech: AI and Medical Robots
Provided by: University of Leeds
Course Area: All areas
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 28/09/2020
End date: 23/11/2020
Subjects: Artificial Intelligence, Human Computer Interactions, Machine Learning, Medical Technology, Product Design
Who is this course for
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in Robotics, AI and product design in the MedTech sector.
The course will be of particular interest to undergraduate students studying engineering, product design, and disciplines related to healthcare, and professionals working in the healthcare sector in a medical capacity or as MedTech designers.
If you are interested in MedTech and robotics, join this course and discover the fascinating work taking place at the University of Leeds.
What will I learn
In this course you will:
- Understand the history of AI and robotics in healthcare.
- Explore the features of human-robot interaction.
- Learn about human centred design and challenges when designing robots for use in healthcare settings.
- Understand the regulatory bodies and frameworks within AI and robotics.
- Discover the pathway and process of commercialising healthcare robots.
- Get to know how robots are currently being used to assist patients.
- Find out how robots can be used to assist clinicians.
- Explore the future of robots in healthcare and whether it could result in a loss of human care.