/Evidence and Data Collection for Problem Solving
Provided by: University of Leeds
Course Area: All areas
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 20201026
Subjects: Coding, Computational Thinking, Computer Science, Creative Technology, Data Analytics, Data Science, Digital Education, Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Knowledge Management, Networks, Project, Web Applications
Who is this course for
This course is designed for young people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
What will I learn
In this course you will:
- Explore the notion of data and what that actually means
- Learn the key terminology related to dealing with data
- Explore how data can be used to solve problems
- Explore individual sets of data that can be brought together to form datasets, which can then be used for greater insights
- Explore the ethics and rules of using other people’s data
- Learn how to turn data into something visual and easy to understand