/Decision Making: How to Choose the Right Problem to Solve
Provided by: University of Leeds
Course Area: All areas
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 20201026
Subjects: Digital Education, Digital Media, Internet of Things, Networks, Project, Web Applications
Who is this course for
This course is designed for young people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
What will I learn
In this course you will:
- Explore the types of transferable skills that are needed to solve problems
- Look at how to identify the real, underlying problems of a particular situation
- Introduction to the SWOT analysis as a way of understanding the problem
- Explore how to identify the best possible solution
- Explore the benefits and risks of a solution
- Explore tools to help pitch ideas to others in order to get buy-in
- Create a business case which will be peer reviewed