/EngD in Data-Centric Engineering
Provided by: Queen Mary University of London
Course Area: London
Course Type: PhD
Start date: 01/09/2021
Subjects: Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Engineering
Who is this course for
Our programme is designed for, and aimed at, those who:
- Have been out of formal education for at least three years (i.e. latest degree – if any – awarded before September 2018).
- Have at least 3 years’ work experience (or equivalent) in a related field, preferably UK-based, and plan to develop their career with a UK employer.
- Have faced barriers to accessing education, e.g. financial barriers, perceived lack of alignment between education and professional development needs, lack of flexibility around work and/or family commitments
- Are looking for a professional development opportunity which will not put their career or life on hold.
We particularly welcome applicants who:
- have taken a career break
- are currently underrepresented in the field and in doctoral-level study
- have not until now considered a pursuing a Doctorate.
What will I learn
Data-Centric Engineering sits at the interface of data science and engineering, combining mathematical modelling with the latest advances in big data and AI.
Data-Centric Engineering has become a globally recognised academic discipline due to its establishment as a strategic research theme of the Alan Turing Institute, the UK’s Institute for Data Science and AI.
Our Centre for Doctoral Training shares the Turing Institute’s vision of Data-Centric Engineering. Our doctoral programme aims to equip cohorts of engineers with the research and data skills required to address the data-centric engineering needs of society and industry.Visit this course