/The Ethics of AI
Provided by: LSE
Course Area: All areas
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 20220523
End date: 20220614
Subjects: Artificial Intelligence
Price: £500 to £2,000
Delivery Method: Online
As artificial intelligence (AI) adoption becomes more commonplace, so do questions of the ethics surrounding the design and implementation of it. In order to critically assess the implications of AI and manage its diverse impacts, it is essential to gain a comprehensive overview of key ethical questions raised by the effects of AI on the state, business, and society.
The Ethics of AI three-week online masterclass examines the ethical challenges and opportunities presented by AI technologies. Throughout this course, you’ll apply moral concepts – such as inequality, fairness, and transparency – to real-world situations to better understand and resolve ethical dilemmas. Gain insight into how AI technologies can be used in a variety of business contexts, including hiring and employee supervision, and learn what this might mean for issues such as discrimination and power imbalances in your organisation.
With a focus on developing a practical skill set for immediate application, benefit from LSE’s world-renowned teaching, faculty, and research as you engage in this topical, integral discussion. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in live sessions with participants and facilitators, take part in practical activities investigating the ethical tensions inherent in AI, and join a global network of like-minded peers.
Who is this course for
- Professionals within the public sector, private sector, and civil society who are faced with ethical issues relating to AI, data, and general technological advancement.
- Leaders working in organisations that deal with big data looking to implement AI technologies and manage the social impact of potential technological changes
- Professionals within the tech industry looking to enhance their knowledge of ethics and AI as a way to further their career development and personal growth
- Anyone interested in understanding the impact of AI on individuals and society
What will I learn
- Develop a practical toolkit for navigating the ethical dilemmas of AI
- Gain critical thinking skills to debate key ethical issues in AI
- Investigate the theoretical foundations of democracy and administrations, and use them to diagnose the challenges and opportunities presented by AI
- Examine the roles and responsibilities of governments and multinational corporations when designing and deploying AI
- Learn how AI impacts inequalities of resources, opportunities, and power in the workplace
- Build a toolkit for responsible innovation, and for managing the social impact of automated work and decision-making