Provided by: Lancaster University
Course Area: North West
Course Code: SCC.030
Course Type: Other undergraduate
Start date: 20210419
End date: 20210522
Subjects: Computational Thinking, Computer Science, Project
Who is this course for
- This course is for first year non-computer science students at Lancaster University.
- The course is free for all selected undergraduate students at Lancaster University.
- This new course curriculum is for other major students with no prior knowledge of computing within Lancaster University.
What will I learn
Following successful completion of this course, a student should have learnt:-
- Problem solving skills to handle common and real-world problems;
- The ability to identify discipline-specific problems (e.g. from the student’s major discipline) and be able to apply the core computational thinking skills to such problems;
- Practical project planning, management and presentation skills;
- How to present and discuss the strengths and weakness of a given solution in a small group presentation setting.