/Making Sense of Data
Provided by: Lancaster University
Course Area: North West
Course Code: SCC.022
Course Type: Other undergraduate
Start date: 03/02/2020
End date: 20/03/2020
Subjects: Data Science
Who is this course for
- This course is for first year non-computer science students at Lancaster University.
- The course is free for all selected undergraduate students at Lancaster University.
- This new course curriculum is for other major students with no prior knowledge of computing within Lancaster University.
What will I learn
Following successful completion of this course, a student should have learnt:
- To use analytical and statistical tools for understanding trends and describing data;
- To utilise the Python scripting language to undertake common data processing and analysis tasks;
- To work as part of a small team to undertake collaborative design and analysis tasks;
- How to understand problems and being able to approach them using analytical thinking.
Visit this course