/Digital Crafting and Maker Spaces
Provided by: Lancaster University
Course Area: North West
Course Code: SCC.024
Course Type: Other undergraduate
Start date: 03/02/2020
End date: 20/03/2020
Subjects: Creative Technology, Physical Computing
Who is this course for
- This course is for first year non-computer science students at Lancaster University.
- The course is free for all selected undergraduate students at Lancaster University.
- This new course curriculum is for other major students with no prior knowledge of computing within Lancaster University.
What will I learn
Following successful completion of this course, a student should have learnt:-
- How to understand prototyping with a micro-controller and electronics components;
- Design and create a basic prototype using Arduino or micro:bit and understand the challenges involve;
- To understand basic prototyping and fabrication approaches for digital making and physical computing;
- To understand the application and implications of digital crafting on other domains and disciplines.