/Introduction to Conversational Interfaces
Provided by: UAL
Course Area: All areas
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 25/05/2020
Subjects: Artificial Intelligence, Coding, Computer Science, Creative Technology, Human Computer Interactions, Machine Learning
Who is this course for
This course is for anyone interested in new technology, with a focus on exploring conversational and voice-based interfaces and how audiences engage with them, whether you’re a student or looking for a career in computer programming.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Essential Creative Technologies collection from UAL Creative Computing Institute, Lancaster University and the Institute of Coding.
What will I learn
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Describe what conversational interfaces are and how the technology works at a basic level.
- Summarise the main developments and history of conversational interfaces.
- Compare different types of conversational interfaces and identify good use cases for the technology.
- Explain the benefits of using a conversational interface.
- Identify the skills required to create a good conversational interface.
- Discuss the ethical considerations around designing conversational interfaces.