/Create Accessible Interfaces
Provided by: UAL
Course Area: All areas
Course Type: Short Course
Start date: 25/05/2020
Subjects: Coding, Computer Science, Creative Technology, Human Computer Interactions, User Experience Design
Who is this course for
This course is for those interested in a career in user experience, who lack programming experience or knowledge of WCAG or accessibility requirements.
It would benefit people designing websites who want to know more about the issues disabled users face when using the internet, mobile devices, and streaming services.
It would be also ideal for those considering a master’s degree in creative computing, who want a taste of what would be involved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Essential Creative Technologies collection from UAL Creative Computing Institute, Lancaster University and the Institute of Coding.
What will I learn
- What issues impact disabled users using creative technology?
- How can interfaces be made more accessible for those with sight, hearing and cognitive impairments?
- What kinds of experiences do people with visual and hearing impairments have when using the internet, mobile devices and streaming services?
- What guidance is available for those attempting to make their websites and services more accessible?
- What forms of compliance are necessary when creating websites and services?
- How can you create customisable interfaces with clear navigation?