/Computer Science MSc
Provided by: Aston University
Course Area: West Midlands
Course Type: Masters (taught)
Start date: 20210901
End date: 20220801
Subjects: Data Analytics, Human Computer Interactions, Project, Software Engineering
Accredited by: BCS
Price: £6,000 to £10,000
Delivery Method: Face to face
This programme will give you the skills and experience to become an industry-accredited professional.
- Be prepared to respond to the computing challenges of the business world;
- Gain the theoretical underpinning needed to support sound analysis, design and delivery of technology solutions;
- Develop a systematic understanding of the software development process; as well as practical software and information systems engineering capabilities based on well-founded principles;
- Be able to communicate in an IT context and gain graduate-level transferable skills;
- Get professional experience and a wide perspective on IT and business through employment at collaborating host companies, or the Aston student-run software company;
- Prepare yourself for an effective career in IT with the potential to reach leadership roles.
The MSc Computer Science programme will enable students to develop a systematic understanding of the software development process, and the associated professional skills necessary in practice.
Who is this course for
The course has been specifically designed to prepare comprehensively trained Computing professionals, at the same time as addressing the skill gaps identified by the Digital Economy Unit and our own market research on demand for skills in the UK.
On completion of the programme, you will be well equipped for a leadership role within the Computer Science industry.
What will I learn
- Foundations of Object-oriented Programming
- Team Project
- Software Engineering
- Human Computer Interaction
- Introduction to Databases
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Software Project Management
- Information Security
- Reliability in Software Engineering
- Data Mining